Weekly Wrap-Up & Preview: July 25July 25, 2014
With summer in full swing, this month we featured a talk with Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute curator Harold Koda about the Met’s current exhibition and accompanying catalogue on fashion designer Charles James. We’ll be giving away copies of the catalogue in our next installment of “Design Books to Win,” starting July 29, following our very popular recent giveaway with Phaidon Press of the iBooks edition of Dieter Rams: As Little Design as Possible.
We also published Witold Rybczynski’s review of Being: An Architect by Ian Ritchie and brought you special summer-themed lists of books on landscape design, bicycle design, and more.
Our Online Book Fair is expanding to include new art and photography as well as design books and in July we welcomed our first rare book dealer to the Fair.
Coming events to note:
November 6: Register for SEGD’s Xlab 2014 in New York. Envision the future of immersive experiences. Details:
Next Week's Preview
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- Talking Eds: A Conversation with Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy of Unit Editions
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Interior Designer Should Read
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read