Weekly Wrap-Up & Preview: September 26September 26, 2014
The Fall season is underway at Designers & Books. Through September 30, you can enter our latest “Design Books to Win” drawing for copies of two books from Lars Müller Publishers: industrial designer Jasper Morrison’s new book, The Good Life: Perceptions of the Ordinary, and 100 Years of Swiss Graphic Design.
Our Online Book Fair now features circa 700 titles in architecture, design, art, and photography, from publishers and rare and out-of-print book dealers. And, if you in New York October 11, you can also browse and buy some of these books in person at the pop-up design book fair organized by Designers & Books at Dwell magazine’s first Dwell on Design NY.
In September we posted interviews with award-winning book cover designer and author Peter Mendelsund, with the revamped Harvard Design Magazine’s new editor in chief, Jennifer Sigler, and with Joe Whitlock Blundell, design director of the London-based Folio Society, which publishes beautifully crafted editions of classic books.
Coming in October: eminent British architect Ian Ritchie shares his thoughts on buildings and books in a wide-ranging conversation with Witold Rybczynski, and MIT’s Senseable City Lab director, Carlo Ratti, sends us the books that inspire him.
Next Week's Preview
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- 20 Books on Furniture Design
- Talking Eds: A Conversation with Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy of Unit Editions
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- Symbols and Seeing: Mark Fox and Angie Wang in Conversation
- Quote of the Day: Mark Fox & Fahrenheit 451