From the Publisher. Examines the different aspects of the career of British graphic designer Vaughan Oliver (b. 1957)—initially as a partner of photographer Nigel Grierson in the enigmatically named 23 Envelope, then, from 1988, working with Chris Bigg under the studio name of v23. From the beginning, Oliver found design, as conventionally taught and practiced, too rational and limiting. His long-lasting relationship with 4AD gave him an exceptional opportunity to explore new approaches with the support of a committed client. At their most expressive and inventive, his graphic images embody his intense responses as a listener, plunging the viewer into a world of visceral sensation and pleasure.
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- Thank You, Visual Design in Action Supporters!
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- Save the Dates for Designers & Books Fair 2015 in NYC, October 2, 3, 4