Guest blogger Alissa Walker—design and urbanism journalist, critic, and author—sent three notable design titles published this fall. These titles will be included later this month among the Notable Design Books of 2012 recommended by the newly launched Designers & Books Book Board. — SK
Guest blogger: Alissa Walker (Los Angeles)
This year, I've been preoccupied with the role of the designer in transforming space, bringing safety, whimsy, and a human touch to the built environment. These three books highlight the power of design in the places in which we live and work every day: in our cities, our sidewalks, our homes.
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Interior Designer Should Read
- 20 Books on Furniture Design
- Thank you, Seymour Supporters!
- The Bolted Book Facsimile Launches on Kickstarter
- Reserve Your Seats for Designers & Books Festival: Onstage and Offstage, Saturday, November 12
- Quote of the Day: Stefan Sagmeister & Depero Futurista