Guest blogger Alissa Walker—design and urbanism journalist, critic, and author—sent three notable design titles published this fall. These titles will be included later this month among the Notable Design Books of 2012 recommended by the newly launched Designers & Books Book Board. — SK
Guest blogger: Alissa Walker (Los Angeles)
This year, I've been preoccupied with the role of the designer in transforming space, bringing safety, whimsy, and a human touch to the built environment. These three books highlight the power of design in the places in which we live and work every day: in our cities, our sidewalks, our homes.
- Save the Dates for Designers & Books Fair 2015 in NYC, October 2, 3, 4
- Designers & Books Fair 2015 Comes to NYC This Weekend, Oct. 2–4
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read