Guest blogger Alissa Walker—design and urbanism journalist, critic, and author—sent three notable design titles published this fall. These titles will be included later this month among the Notable Design Books of 2012 recommended by the newly launched Designers & Books Book Board. — SK
Guest blogger: Alissa Walker (Los Angeles)
This year, I've been preoccupied with the role of the designer in transforming space, bringing safety, whimsy, and a human touch to the built environment. These three books highlight the power of design in the places in which we live and work every day: in our cities, our sidewalks, our homes.
- Discovering Design: New Series of Talks by Design Greats at Strand Book Store, May 3 – 19
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- Book of the Week: Jane Jacobs’s The Death and Life of Great American Cities