In City Life, Witold Rybczynski looks at what we want from cities, how they have evolved, and what accounts for their unique identities. In this vivid description of everything from the early colonial settlements to the advent of the skyscraper to the changes wrought by the automobile, the telephone, the airplane, and telecommuting, Rybczynski reveals how our urban spaces have been shaped by the landscapes and lifestyles of the New World.
- 20 Books of Design Manifestos
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- 10 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read