From the Publisher. One spring day in 2012, fresh from his circumnavigation of the British Isles, English designer Nick Hand set off on his bicycle from Brooklyn, New York, and pedaled north along the Hudson River toward its source in the Adirondack Mountains. His leisurely pace suited his simple agenda, to talk to the artists and craftspeople he met along the way. Conversations on the Hudson is a visual record of his five-hundred-mile journey through the hills, mountains, and countryside of the Hudson Valley. Hand's casual approach brings out the best in people, who eagerly open up their studios and workshops and share their personal stories. This one-of-a-kind collection pairs Hand's beautiful photographs alongside visits to a seed librarian, a printer and publisher, a brewer, a stone sculptor, a sheep farmer, a distiller, a maple syrup producer, and a boat restorer, among others.
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- Designers Who Read Letter and Image
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- Save the Dates for Designers & Books Fair 2015 in NYC, October 2, 3, 4
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films