From the Publisher. Co-founder of Mule Design and raconteur Mike Monteiro wants to help you do your job better. From contracts to selling design, from working with clients to working with each other, this brief book is packed with knowledge you can’t afford not to know. Mike Monteiro is the co-founder and design director of Mule Design, an interactive design studio whose work has been called “delightfully hostile” by The New Yorker. He prefers elegant, simple sites with clear language that serve a real need. He prefers that designers have strong spines.
Mike blogs frequently about the craft and business of design. In early 2011, he gave a Creative Mornings talk entitled “F— You, Pay Me” that uplifted the downtrodden the world over, and he can be heard weekly as the co-host of Let’s Make Mistakes with Katie Gillum.
- Designers & Books Festival: Onstage and Offstage Takes Place Saturday, November 12
- Discover The Bolted Book, A Masterpiece of Avant-Garde Book-Making
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 20 Books on Furniture Design