From the Publisher. Anthony Vidler, an internationally recognized scholar, theorist, and critic of modern and contemporary architecture, is widely known for his essays on the most pressing issues and debates in the field. This volume brings together a collection of such writings—including the iconic, long unavailable “Scenes of the Street”—into one volume. Scenes of the Street and Other Essays showcases Vidler’s engaging and accessible expertise on both contemporary and historic subjects that are relevant to today's concerns.
- Quote of the Day: Diana Balmori & The Mustard Seed Garden Manual of Painting, 1679–1701
- Book Builder: A Conversation with Irma Boom
- Architecture Books to Give as Gifts
- 20 Books on Furniture Design
- Author Q&A with Michael Bierut: Seventy-nine Short Essays on Design