From the Publisher. A science book like no other, The Where, the Why, and the How turns loose 75 of today’s hottest artists onto life’s vast questions, from how we got here to where we are going. Inside these pages some of the biggest (and smallest) mysteries of the natural world are explained in essays by real working scientists, which are then illustrated by artists given free rein to be as literal or as imaginative as they like. The result is a celebration of the wonder that inspires every new discovery. Featuring work by such contemporary luminaries as Lisa Congdon, Jen Corace, Neil Farber, Susie Ghahremani, Jeremyville, Jon Klassen, Jacob Magraw, and many more, this is a work of scientific and artistic exploration to pique the interest of both the intellectually and imaginatively curious.
- Design Books to Win No. 3: Signed Copies of Learning from Las Vegas (2nd edition)
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- Architecture Books to Give as Gifts
- Petition to Save Rizzoli Bookstore
- The Designers & Books Online Book Fair 2014 Holiday Gift Guide