Best-Selling Design Books at Arcana, Los Angeles
These are the design books that were the best sellers at Arcana: Books on the Arts during June 2013.
The exciting visual arc of John Van Hamersveld’s long and storied career is encapsulated in Fifty Years of Graphic Design. The book features Van Hamersveld's illustrations, graphic design work, and photographs.
Paul Evans produced more than a dozen lines of furniture and countless design variations during his 30-year career as an artist and designer. Regardless of his materials, whether metal, wood, or even cardboard, his work continues to defy easy categorization.
Mid-20th-century California offered fertile ground for design innovations. The state’s reputation as a land of unlimited opportunity, its many institutions of higher learning, and its perpetually booming population created conditions that allowed designers and craftspeople to flourish.
Starting in about 1985 and continuing until just before the millennium, there existed a Golden Age of hand-painted imagination-driven movie posters in Ghana that stood their ground against globalization and computer-generated images.
- Win a Copy of Dieter Rams: As Little Design as Possible — iBooks edition for iPad
- Book List of the Week: Six French Designers and the Books That Inspire Them
- Charles James: Beyond Fashion: A Conversation with Harold Koda
- 25 Books on Gardens, Landscape, and Design
- 10 Books on Louis Kahn
- Win a Copy of Dezeen Book of Interviews
- Dezeen Book of Interviews: A Conversation with Marcus Fairs
- Book List of the Week: Deborah Sussman (1931-2014)
- Weekly Wrap-Up & Preview: August 29