Best-Selling Design Books at Arcana, Los Angeles
These are the design books that were the best sellers at Arcana: Books on the Arts during June 2013.
The exciting visual arc of John Van Hamersveld’s long and storied career is encapsulated in Fifty Years of Graphic Design. The book features Van Hamersveld's illustrations, graphic design work, and photographs.
Paul Evans produced more than a dozen lines of furniture and countless design variations during his 30-year career as an artist and designer. Regardless of his materials, whether metal, wood, or even cardboard, his work continues to defy easy categorization.
Mid-20th-century California offered fertile ground for design innovations. The state’s reputation as a land of unlimited opportunity, its many institutions of higher learning, and its perpetually booming population created conditions that allowed designers and craftspeople to flourish.
Starting in about 1985 and continuing until just before the millennium, there existed a Golden Age of hand-painted imagination-driven movie posters in Ghana that stood their ground against globalization and computer-generated images.
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- 3 Lists of Books Every Interior Designer Should Read
- Talking Eds: A Conversation with Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy of Unit Editions
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 20 Books on Furniture Design
- Symbols and Seeing: Mark Fox and Angie Wang in Conversation
- Quote of the Day: Mark Fox & Fahrenheit 451