From the Publisher. It has been 15 years since the Japan Media Arts Festival and ICC began. In these 15 years, our media environments have changed dramatically. We can say this kind of change (technology and products) and the evolution of media arts have always developed collaterally. To overlook the works appeared in past 15 years is neither more nor less than we experience vicariously what creators have questioned against social change and answers the era has led to.
This book is intended to provide an overview of the outcomes that Japanese media arts have achieved through trials. It is divided in six categories: media art, anime, manga, video games, motion graphics, and the Internet. We could also gaze at the next 15 years by re-verifying what had been produced and become trends in relation to technology, society, art and making them meaningful.
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 20 Books on Furniture Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- 3 Lists of Books Every Interior Designer Should Read