From the Publisher. The Age of Collage is a striking documentation of today’s continued appetite for destructive construction. Showcasing outstanding current artwork and artists, the book also takes an insightful behind-the-scenes look at those working with this interdisciplinary and cross-media approach.
The collages featured in this book are influenced by illustration, painting, and photography and play with elements of abstraction, constructivism, surrealism, and dada. Referencing scientific images, pop culture, and erotica, they reflect humanity’s collective visual memory and context.
Through confident cuts, brushstrokes, mouse clicks, or pasting, the work in The Age of Collage gives the impossible a tangible form. It expands the possibilities of the genre while turning our worldview on its head along the way.
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- Discovering Design: New Series of Talks by Design Greats at Strand Book Store, May 3 – 19
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design