Internationally celebrated Swiss curator and cultural mastermind Hans Ulrich Obrist never looks back. Since 2005, he has asked artists, architects, scientists, actors and philosophers the world over to fill in the blank for what's to come. Now, he turns to China to further his ongoing speculative narrative. In this elfin-size, bilingual (English/Chinese) volume, people active in Chinese culture tell Obrist what they think the future will be. Co-published with the Ullens Center for Contemporary Art, this is the first installment of a new series published by Pinacoteca Giovanni and Marella Agnelli. Participants include A Yi, Nadim Abbas, Ai Weiwei, Daniel A. Bell, Cao Fei, Yung Ho Chang, Chen Jiaying, Chen Xiaoyun, Chen Man, Chen Wei, Cheng Ran, Cheng Wenhao, Chi Huisheng, Heman Chong, Chu Yun, Ding Yi, Duan Jianyu, Fang Lu, Gao Lei, Gao Weigang, Ge Lei, Frank Gehry, Gu Dexin and many others.
- 20 Books on Furniture Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- 3 Lists of Books Every Interior Designer Should Read
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- You Are What You Read: A New Book Series from Designers & Books — Special Preview from Denise Scott Brown