From the Publisher: Where do our things really come from? China is the most common answer, but Thomas Thwait es decided he wanted to know more. In The Toaster Project, Thwaites asks what lies behind the smooth buttons on a mobile phone or the cushioned soles of running sneakers. What is involved in extracting and processing materials? To answer these questions, Thwaites set out to construct, from scratch, one of the most commonplace appliances in our kitchens today: a toaster.
- 10 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- Art Cars: A Conversation with BMW’s Thomas Girst
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 20 Books on Furniture Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read