From the Publisher. John Pawson's career as an architect and designer spans a variety of sizes and programs: from bowls to bridges, and monasteries to Calvin Klein stores. A Visual Inventory presents some of the images from Pawson's personal collection of over 200,000 digital snapshots. Covering a huge range of subjects, the photographs form a remarkable body of reference material. Some of the images illustrate a particular idea about form, material or space; others reflects the author's interest in returning repeatedly to certain subjects, capturing the changes brought by different weather, light conditions, seasons and patterns of use.
- Designers & Books to Launch Program for Facsimiles of Out-of-Print Books
- 20 Books on Textile Design
- Ray Bradbury, Jaron Lanier, and “The Digital Flattening of Expression”
- 20 Books on Food, Cooking, and Dining That Inspire Designers
- Author Q&A with Paula Scher: Maps