John Hill is an architect, blogger, and author living in New York City. He is editor in chief of World-Architects eMagazine and a contributing writer at Houzz.
He received a Bachelor of Architecture in 1996 from Kansas State University, where he worked as an editor of Oz Journal. After working for DeStefano + Partners in Chicago for ten years, he moved east to attend the City College of New York, receiving a Master of Urban Planning in 2007. In between he started the web pages A Weekly Dose of Architecture, A Daily Dose of Architecture, and The Archi-Tourist, all of which he still maintains as outposts for writing about buildings and books.
Hill has written articles for Architect Magazine, The Architect’s Newspaper, eVolo, and other journals. In 2011 his first book, Guide to Contemporary New York City Architecture (a Designers & Books Notable Book of 2011), was published by W. W. Norton.
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- Designers & Books to Launch Program for Facsimiles of Out-of-Print Books
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 21 Books on Color and Design
- 4 Lists of Books Every Architect Should Read