Mark Fox’s Book List
I learned to read at an early age by singing hymns at church. The repetition of this ritual—we sang the same small selection of songs three times a week—seems to have created for me a linkage between the act of reading, illuminating content, and the power and musicality of the vocalized word. Whenever I write I still read my work aloud to hear it and refine it.
Although I am no longer religious, I am nonetheless drawn to books that are, in some manner, revelatory. Insight and beauty—this is what I seek when I read. To experience revelation through art is to invite joy into your life. All of the books I recommend below have brought me joy.
- Architecture Books to Give as Gifts
- Win Five Books Designed by Pentagram
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- Book List of the Week: David Rockwell
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films