Philip Freelon’s Book List
The majority of the books in my library are monographs and other volumes that document built and unbuilt work through photographs and written analysis/critique. I have not included these important and valued books on my list but have instead focused on the titles that have inspired me and broadened my understanding of the world—past, present, and future. My list includes books on design in general, architecture, photography, science, and science fiction. My interests, though varied, are centered on imagining, understanding, and interpreting environments.
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- Architecture Books to Give as Gifts
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- Rare & Beautiful: Ladislav Sutnar: Visual Design in Action
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read