From the Publisher. Looks at the way things grow and the shapes they take. Analyzing biological processes in their mathematical and physical aspects, this historic work, first published in 1917, has also become renowned for the sheer poetry of its descriptions. A great scientist sensitive to the fascinations and beauty of the natural world tells of jumping fleas and slipper limpets; of buds and seeds; of bees’ cells and raindrops; of the potter’s thumb and the spider’s web; of a film of soap and a bubble of oil; of a splash of a pebble in a pond.
- Grazie Mille to Our Community of Bolted Book Facsimile Supporters!
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Interior Designer Should Read
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 20 Books on Furniture Design