From the Publisher. Looks at the way things grow and the shapes they take. Analyzing biological processes in their mathematical and physical aspects, this historic work, first published in 1917, has also become renowned for the sheer poetry of its descriptions. A great scientist sensitive to the fascinations and beauty of the natural world tells of jumping fleas and slipper limpets; of buds and seeds; of bees’ cells and raindrops; of the potter’s thumb and the spider’s web; of a film of soap and a bubble of oil; of a splash of a pebble in a pond.
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- Designers & Books to Launch Program for Facsimiles of Out-of-Print Books
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- 21 Books on Color and Design