From the Publisher. Details over 180 of the most innovative office chairs designed and built from the 1840s to the present, with a color photograph, details of the designer and manufacturer, and a short text accompanying each chair. Features designs from numerous well-known designers, including Marcel Breuer, Charles and Ray Eames, Gio Ponti, Richard Sapper, Jasper Morrison and Konstantin Grcic. Gives a visual overview of the entire evolution of the modern office chair. Includes ten chapters of technical drawings, comprising over 400 drawings, underlining the exhaustive research and technical prowess behind the book. The fruition of an authoritative four-year research project which will appeal to product designers, furniture manufacturers, design enthusiasts and students, furniture collectors, and anyone needing to buy an office chair.
- Announcing Designers & Books Fair 2012 and Call for Ideas for Future Design Books
- 21 Books on Frank Lloyd Wright
- Banned by Design: Top 10 Controversial Titles of the 20th Century
- AGI Open 2013, Report from London
- 10 Books We Are Looking Forward To: Rizzoli Bookstore, New York