From the Publisher. Details over 180 of the most innovative office chairs designed and built from the 1840s to the present, with a color photograph, details of the designer and manufacturer, and a short text accompanying each chair. Features designs from numerous well-known designers, including Marcel Breuer, Charles and Ray Eames, Gio Ponti, Richard Sapper, Jasper Morrison and Konstantin Grcic. Gives a visual overview of the entire evolution of the modern office chair. Includes ten chapters of technical drawings, comprising over 400 drawings, underlining the exhaustive research and technical prowess behind the book. The fruition of an authoritative four-year research project which will appeal to product designers, furniture manufacturers, design enthusiasts and students, furniture collectors, and anyone needing to buy an office chair.
- Discover The Bolted Book, A Masterpiece of Avant-Garde Book-Making
- Designers & Books Festival: Onstage and Offstage Takes Place Saturday, November 12
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design