From the Publisher. Wiel Arets: Autobiographical References opens up a unique and richly layered view of the architectural work and thinking of this internationally renowned Dutch architect. Underlying Arets’ practice, research and teaching is his concept of “a wonderful world”, an optimistic outlook on how the world will evolve in the next 75 years. In addition to portfolios of 60 exemplary projects and designs by his studio, this book presents 5 lectures, and 5 debates between Arets and other thinkers and practitioners, as well as an extensive series of 10 interviews with Arets.
More than simply presenting his work alongside essays and project descriptions, Wiel Arets: Autobiographical References reveals the interaction between Arets’ biography and his architectural thinking, teaching and design in the evolution of his distinguished career.
- Discovering Design: New Series of Talks by Design Greats at Strand Book Store, May 3 – 19
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- Greg Lynn’s Book List: Digital Dialogue
- 15 Books on the Intersection of Psychology and Design