Mohsen Mostafavi, architect and educator, is Dean of the Harvard University Graduate School of Design and the Alexander and Victoria Wiley Professor of Design. He was formerly Dean of the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning at Cornell University and Chairman of the Architectural Association School of Architecture in London. He has taught at numerous institutions, including the University of Pennsylvania, Cambridge University, and the Frankfurt Academy of Fine Arts (Städelschule).
Mostafavi serves on the steering committee of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture and the board of the Van Alen Institute, and has served on the design committees of the London Development Agency (LDA) and the RIBA Gold Medal. He is a consultant on a number of international architectural and urban projects.
His publications include On Weathering (The MIT Press, 1993); Delayed Space (Princeton Architectural Press, 1994); Approximations (Architectural Association Publications/The MIT Press, 2002); Surface Architecture (The MIT Press, 2002); Logique/Visuelle (distributed by Idea Books, 2003); Landscape Urbanism: A Manual for the Machinic Landscape (Architectural Association Publications, 2004); Structure as Space (Architectural Association Publications, 2006); Ecological Urbanism (Lars Müller Publishers, 2010); Implicate and Explicate: Aga Khan Award for Architecture (Lars Müller Publishers, 2011); and Louis Vuitton: Architecture and Interiors (Rizzoli International Publications, October 2011).
- Book Builder: A Conversation with Irma Boom
- Book List of the Week: Stefan Sagmeister
- 15 Books on China and Design
- The Paris Review: 60 Years of Substance and Style
- 10 Books Designed by Irma Boom
- Win Copies of Books on Two Great Modernists: Adolf Loos and Paul T. Frankl
- 15 Books on Art Deco
- Book List of the Week: Carlo Ratti
- 4 Books on Adolf Loos
- Quote of the Day: Carlo Ratti & Smart Cities
- Win Copies of Jasper Morrison’s The Good Life and 100 Years of Swiss Graphic Design
- Win Copies of Fifty Years of Illustration and TM: The Untold Stories Behind 29 Classic Logos
- Win a Copy of Urban Acupuncture by Visionary Urbanist Jaime Lerner
- Designers & Books Curates a Book Fair @ Dwell on Design NY, October 9–11
- Win a Copy of Being: An Architect by Ian Ritchie