Mohsen Mostafavi, architect and educator, is Dean of the Harvard University Graduate School of Design and the Alexander and Victoria Wiley Professor of Design. He was formerly Dean of the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning at Cornell University and Chairman of the Architectural Association School of Architecture in London. He has taught at numerous institutions, including the University of Pennsylvania, Cambridge University, and the Frankfurt Academy of Fine Arts (Städelschule).
Mostafavi serves on the steering committee of the Aga Khan Award for Architecture and the board of the Van Alen Institute, and has served on the design committees of the London Development Agency (LDA) and the RIBA Gold Medal. He is a consultant on a number of international architectural and urban projects.
His publications include On Weathering (The MIT Press, 1993); Delayed Space (Princeton Architectural Press, 1994); Approximations (Architectural Association Publications/The MIT Press, 2002); Surface Architecture (The MIT Press, 2002); Logique/Visuelle (distributed by Idea Books, 2003); Landscape Urbanism: A Manual for the Machinic Landscape (Architectural Association Publications, 2004); Structure as Space (Architectural Association Publications, 2006); Ecological Urbanism (Lars Müller Publishers, 2010); Implicate and Explicate: Aga Khan Award for Architecture (Lars Müller Publishers, 2011); and Louis Vuitton: Architecture and Interiors (Rizzoli International Publications, October 2011).
- Book Builder: A Conversation with Irma Boom
- Book List of the Week: Stefan Sagmeister
- 15 Books on China and Design
- 10 Books Designed by Irma Boom
- The Paris Review: 60 Years of Substance and Style
- Win a Copy of Being: An Architect by Ian Ritchie
- Being an Architect/Being a Writer: Ian Ritchie and Witold Rybczynski in Conversation
- Weekly Wrap-Up & Preview: September 26
- Book List of the Week: Ian Ritchie
- Quote of the Day: Ian Ritchie & The Eyes of the Skin: Architecture and the Senses
- Win a Copy of the New Issue of Harvard Design Magazine
- Win Two Fashion Books: Killer Heels and The SFP LookBook: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2014 Collections
- Do You Read Me?: Harvard Design Magazine Re-launches with an Issue on Reading
- Covering Reading: A Conversation with Book Cover Designer Peter Mendelsund
- Win Copies of Two Books by Peter Mendelsund