An Intellectual Affiliation: Mohsen Mostafavi’s Book List
How does one compile a short list of personally meaningful books? One way is to surrender to an almost unconscious process of simply picking the first titles that come to mind, but that method tends to skew the collection toward volumes most recently read. Instead, I have attempted to filter the selection to highlight titles that have been both inspiring and in some way formative to me as a designer and a teacher. Many of the books so chosen reflect my sense of intellectual affiliation with admired authors as much as an appreciation of specific content.
- Art Cars: A Conversation with BMW’s Thomas Girst
- 17 Design Commentators/17 Books
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- 10 Most Frequently Chosen Design Books
- 20 Books on Furniture Design