Books Every Jewelry Designer Should Read
A problem for jewelry designers or any fine jewelry enthusiast is finding a place to study historical work. Unlike other areas of the arts, there are not many museums with galleries devoted to jewelry. Only a few have 20th-century fine jewelry on permanent display and you will only see a small number of pieces.
Jewelry-design schools are just as rare. To be a jewelry designer is a calling. You have to actively seek an education and books are one of the best resources.
All the publications on my short list are favorites I have returned to again and again. These books open up worlds of beauty and adventure. There is everything from stories about royalty and their search for rare gems to the importance of jewels in the most humble societies, plus a lot of artistry that falls between these two extremes.
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- Discovering Design: New Series of Talks by Design Greats at Strand Book Store, May 3 – 19
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read