Chris Bangle’s Book List
My Top Ten Books on: 1. Car design: The Nude; The creative process: Poetics of Music; 3. The relationship between Creative and Client: An Essay on Typography; 4. Understanding gender and design: As Long as It’s Pink; 5. Learning how to see the world: A Pattern Language; 6. The arcane minutiae of car design: A Century of Automotive Style; 7. Design insights from an unexpected quarter: Understanding Comics; 8. The historical consequences of design to put it all in perspective: American Design Ethic; 9. Understanding the authority of design: Architectural Ornament; 10. Making you wish you were 1/100th as creative as a true genius: Sentinel. Details below.
- 20 Books on Furniture Design
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 20 Books on Textile Design
- 4 Lists of Books Every Architect Should Read