Rudy VanderLans’s Book List
The books I’ve listed here came to mind immediately upon receipt of the invitation. They have inspired my design, photography, and editing work, and I know that I’ve learned from them and often refer back to them. What exactly I’ve learned from them is difficult to determine. But my work has improved over the years—at the very least it has grown more mature—and that didn’t happen all by itself. I blame that on the books I’ve read, particularly the ones listed here.
Also, I love this website. Just the fact that anybody would care to make such a big deal about books and about what designers read gives me hope. It feels good to know that people are still interested in books, particularly printed books. And I love it when a new technology is used to celebrate an old one.
- Save the Dates for Designers & Books Fair 2015 in NYC, October 2, 3, 4
- 15 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- Ladislav Sutnar: The Information Graphics of a Master Designer — Gallery Talk & Reception July 30 in New York City
- The 10 Best Architecture and Design Films
- Win a Copy of the New York City Transit Authority Graphics Standards Manual, Designed by Massimo Vignelli and Bob Noorda