AVA is a creative publisher for the applied visual arts. When our business was founded a few years ago we wanted to rethink the concept of the textbook. Our audience is visually literate, technically sophisticated, and acutely aware of good design and presentation. In our endeavor to create 21st-century textbooks for 21st-century students, AVA Academia’s titles respond to these qualities. It seemed to us that academic books about the applied visual arts should themselves be both well designed and well written, something that had previously appeared to be an either/or option for many publishers. To date, many hundreds of universities, colleges, and higher education bodies around the world have adopted and recommended our texts across numerous courses and programs.
Beginning in April 2013, all new AVA titles will be published under the Fairchild Books imprint.
- Rare & Beautiful: Ladislav Sutnar: Visual Design in Action
- 3 Lists of Books Every Fashion Designer Should Read
- Designers Who Read Letter and Image
- 10 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- Architecture Books to Give as Gifts