AVA is a creative publisher for the applied visual arts. When our business was founded a few years ago we wanted to rethink the concept of the textbook. Our audience is visually literate, technically sophisticated, and acutely aware of good design and presentation. In our endeavor to create 21st-century textbooks for 21st-century students, AVA Academia’s titles respond to these qualities. It seemed to us that academic books about the applied visual arts should themselves be both well designed and well written, something that had previously appeared to be an either/or option for many publishers. To date, many hundreds of universities, colleges, and higher education bodies around the world have adopted and recommended our texts across numerous courses and programs.
Beginning in April 2013, all new AVA titles will be published under the Fairchild Books imprint.
- Win a Copy of Dieter Rams: As Little Design as Possible — iBooks edition for iPad
- Book List of the Week: Six French Designers and the Books That Inspire Them
- 25 Books on Gardens, Landscape, and Design
- Charles James: Beyond Fashion: A Conversation with Harold Koda
- 10 Books on Louis Kahn
- Win a Copy of Dezeen Book of Interviews
- Dezeen Book of Interviews: A Conversation with Marcus Fairs
- Book List of the Week: Deborah Sussman (1931-2014)
- Weekly Wrap-Up & Preview: August 29