Jonathan Olivares’s Book List
Each of these five books have altered my position on design and design research—they are staples in my library. In an interview, the filmmaker Harmony Korine once stated that two people can see the same movie, and one will walk out thinking about popcorn while the other walks out thinking about fascism. I have no idea what these books might prompt from another reader, but I’ve given my popcorn here.
- Rare & Beautiful: Ladislav Sutnar: Visual Design in Action
- Architecture Books to Give as Gifts
- 10 Books on Branding and Brand Design
- 50 Books on Type and Typography
- Design Books to Win No. 3: Signed Copies of Learning from Las Vegas (2nd edition)